Coconut and Lime Cauliflower “Fried Rice”*
Total Time: 35 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Yield: 8 servings, approx. ½ cup each
2 medium heads cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil, divided use
1 (13.66-oz.) can unsweetened organic lite coconut milk
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided use
4 tsp. finely chopped lime zest
½ cup finely chopped cilantro; reserve a small amount for garnish
¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1. Place half of cauliflower in food processor; pulse until cauliflower is chopped into pieces about the size of rice. Repeat with the other half. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add cauliflower; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes.
4. Add coconut milk, coconut, and 3 Tbsp. lime juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 12 minutes, or until tender and liquid evaporates.
5. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, and salt; cook for 2 minutes, or until lime juice evaporates.
6. Divide evenly into eight serving bowls; garnish evenly with cilantro.
*Recipe from Beachbody.
Please comment below if you have made this recipe and how it turned out.